Monday, February 11, 2013

Yearning for summer...

I'm sooo over this whole winter thing. I'm ready for warm weather, sunshine, longer days (or at least having daylight still when I head home), and to pump up my bike tires. I never bike very far, but I want to know that I can!

When the Saturated Canary challenge went up, I loved the colors ... but I wanted to make them fit a summery card. I just didn't have an image that said "summer." This gave me a fabulous excuse to purchase a few more SC digis, though! I used nearly every color posted for the challenge in some part of the card. I considered putting "Warm Winter Wishes" as the sentiment ... but that seemed like a cruel joke!

The image I decided to use is called "To the Lake," which you can purchase here. I colored her up with Copics, and I'm relatively happy with the skin shading, but I definitely need to work on hair. I struggle with coloring hair well -- I never seem to have the same colors others use in tutorials, so I have to layer what I have until it works (ish).

Two things I would do differently (just the most obvious, to start) would be to run the piece of blush pink cardstock through an embossing folder to give it some texture, and to adjust the placement of the bows.

I'm trying to get better each week, but I'm just not good (yet!) at the elaborate cards I love so much on other people's blogs. Some people excel at layering flowers and lace and bling and DP ... but I'm not one of them. I just hope to continue developing my style until I'm happy and comfortable with it. I hope I'll be able to look back at my posts next year and see how my style has changed!

I'm entering this in the Saturated Canary Challenge #36.

2 comments:

  1. Fab colouring Thanks for entering at saturated canary hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Thank you for playing with us at Saturated Canary ♥

    ReplyDelete